The United Nations call it the International Mother Earth Day. Find our what's happening locally and beyond and 'Invest in our planet' this Earth Day
This Saturday 22 April 2023, let’s remind ourselves – more than ever – that we need a shift to a more sustainable economy that works for both people and the planet.
A great way to do it is by interacting with people and nature, so here is a list of events taking place in our area this weekend: as part of Earth Day
- Beach Cleans are organised in Brighton & Hove and Worthing: a fun, family-friendly and accessible way to do your part!
- The ONCA Gallery is holding a series of practical and playful events to support community healing and ecosystem recovery
- The Unity Centre is Lewes proposes several activities including a talk on eco anxiety
- The Lighthouse organises an Earth Day Screening of short films that celebrate and highlight environmental themes, in Brighton
- Brighton’s Booth Museum of Natural History organises…The Wild Escape! Surrounded by their amazing natural science collection, find out how you can support wildlife in your local area and take part in some of the craft and science activities.
Please check out our calendar of events for more details (time, date, access, etc).
If you are in London this weekend, you can join forces with “The Big One” event, supported by the official Earth Day organisers, with:
- An enormous celebration & family-friendly march for biodiversity in London on Saturday
- The London Marathon on Sunday, as we are “Running Out of Time!”
Want to do more? You can join volunteer groups to restore biodiversity locally and be an active member of your community and our UNESCO Biosphere. Please check our Volunteering events on Volunteer – The Living Coast.
You can also visit the Earth Day website for more ideas on how you can take action.