The Living Coast Undersea Experience is an interactive, virtual reality & 360 experience, enabling users to explore the underwater environment of Beachy Head's West Marine Conservation Zone (running between Brighton Marina & Beachy Head).
The pilot tour is underway in venues along the Marine Conservation Coastline & beyond:
- 6th & 7th April, Plymouth at the National Marine Aquarium
- 15th April in Newhaven, at Denton Island Community Centre. Tickets in 20 minute slots from 9.30-5pm available on Eventbrite & HERE
- 16th April, Seaford at St James Trust, 12noon – 7pm. Tickets in 20 minute slots, available on Eventbrite & HERE
- 17th April at Seven Sisters, Sussex Wildlife Trust’s Barn, 10.30AM – 4PM. Tickets for the Experience & a range of activities, in 45 minute slots on Eventbrite HERE
- 18th May, East Brighton Community Centre Library for Our Place, Brighton Festival, times tbc
- 25th May, Hangleton Community Centre for Our Place, Brighton Festival, times tbc
The Living Coast Undersea Experience launched at The Old Market for Brighton Digital Festival in October 2018 (more here) with great feedback and has now been developed further.
Here’s a sneak peak of version one:
The Experience will:
- Open up one of the UK’s most unique marine environments to everyone, without getting wet!
- Raise awareness of the Marine Conservation Zone on our doorstep, which runs from Brighton Marina to Beachy Head & is home to one of the world’s only chalk reefs, with unique species of plant & animal life, & which only a fraction of people know about.
- Be a powerful kinaesthetic & educational experience to help people understand the environment & the things we can all do to help conserve it.
The Living Coast Undersea Experience is created by Simon Wilkinson of C!RCA69 & Karen Poley of KP Projects CIC; The Living Coast Brighton & Lewes Downs, UNESCO designated Biosphere Region; Sussex Inshore Fisheries & Conservation Authority (IFCA); & Sussex Wildlife Trust.