A spotlight on
The Living Coast by Bike
A selection of cycle routes through the delightfully diverse landscapes of The Living Coast
In 2021, we launched The Living Coast by Bike website with So Sussex. Featuring 10 amazing on-road and off-road routes through The Living Coast, the website aims to get more people experiencing the biosphere from the seat of a bike.
The initiative is part of the BioCultural Heritage Tourism Project, developed as a new experience that draws on our rich natural and cultural heritage and supports the values of the biosphere.
What does it offer?
The website includes 10 very different cycle routes through The Living Coast. They range from hilly challenges to riverside meanders to city-edge capers. Each ride starts and ends at a railway station and includes:
- A GPS route map that you can download to your phone
- Information on what makes the area special with details on some of the natural and cultural heritage you’ll encounter on route
- A list of places to stop for refreshments
- Links to local bike shops, guiding services and bike-hire facilities
- Suggestions on how to link different rides together if you’re feeling ambitious.
The initiative was funded through the Interreg France (Channel) England and the European Regional Development Fund.